Thursday, March 12, 2009

Life is wild...........

Hello everyone. I bet you thought I fell off the face of the earth. Things have just been in a upheavel since the move, in a good way. Right now I am staying in a friends garage apartment. It's pretty nice, but I will be buying a new home in a few short months. But until then, most of my possessions are packed away. Not complaining though, I knew it was going to be like this when I decided to come. But I am getting plenty of work, and I can buy a house here for around 20,000 bucks. The same house in North Carolina would be about 200,000 dollars. I am going to use my GI bill to get it.
Speaking of here, (Michigan) I am about 30 minutes from Lake Heron, and about 1 and a half hours from Lake Michigan. The Canadian border is only 1 hour away. It's like living between 2 oceans. It's amazing, and people up here like my work much more than they ever did down south. I started getting art gigs 20 minutes after I got here. Everything from tattoo's to T-shirt designs, and off course portraits.
So, things are going quite well and I am very happy. The only downside is the cold. It gets cold here. One morning I got up and the wind chill was 25 below zero. That was rude. lmao. My hard drive got ruined too. I put most of my things into storage once I got here, including my computer (not realizing just how cold it could get) and once I got them out, my tower wouldn't even turn on. So now I am using a loaner until I can get a new one, but I was going to get a new one anyways. The old one was 6 years old and really wasn't made to do the type of things I am doing now.
So the next few months should be wild and full of excitement as this new path unfolds in front of me. I hope you'll stay tuned to share these things with me and see all the new art that's in progress. Peace and Blessings

2 comments:

Geo said...

nick glad to see ya back, i wasn't afraid you fell off the face of the earth but fell into one of the great lakes ! they are huge arent they ?? i live about 1 hour from lake Ontario. oh and i warned ya about the cold ;) lol

glad you are back and cant wait to see some new art !

Nick Rose said...

Hey George,
The great lakes are awesome! I can't wait till summer, they look just like the beaches back home, amusement parks and all!
Your gonna get plenty of art to see my friend. ttys