Thursday, November 17, 2011

Farwell and Thank you all!

     Hello my friends, and as the title suggest, this is the end of the road for Nick Rose. I am leaving Illustration, the horror industry and all social networks as of Sunday, Nov. 20 2011. I will be pursuing a life as a artist working through galleries and marketing companies. I no longer want to deal with people that I can't meet face to face anymore, and I want to grow as an artist. Being an Illustrator puts a lot of limits and restraints on you. I have grown past that and am ready to embrace new things.
    First let me explain why I said I don't want to deal with people that I can't meet face to face anymore. I realise that my sound snobby, but after I explain, hopefully you will understand. The honest simple truth is that I am very childlike. Madison will tell you that as well. I have never grown up, and never will. I am very trusting of people I meet on line and want to believe them when they tell me things. I wouldn't want to live in a world where I would have to believe that everyone is a con artist. When I meet someone face to face and can look them in the eye and shake their hand. I can read them fairly well, but on social networks all I have to go on is what people tell me. Most of it being lies. For Instance, how many people do you know post a real recent photo of what they really look like? Very few. Most people post a picture of them when they where in there 20's. This is a social lie. How many people do you know paint a pretty picture about who they are, and the picture is just a figment of their imagination, or who they hope to be? I could go on and on, but you should understand.
    This last year I have been conned by several people that I honestly thought where the real deal. When I am going through a period when I have just been fighting to stay healthy physically, I sure as hell don't need people f*cking up my mind with BS, Lies and just general cons. I guess you could say the straw that broke the camels back came 2 weeks ago. I am having to fight daily to regain my health and it is taking time for me to get my motivation back to paint. Yes, when people screw me over it really hurts me in ways that even effect my painting. I become very depressed. So as a result, we are taking that card out of the deck. After all, it is my game, I can play it however I chose.
    That being said, I want to thank everyone that has been with me on this ride. I want to thank you all for the love, support and kindness you have shown me. 95% of you have been awesome, it's just that other 5% I can not deal with anymore. As Nick Rose, I certainly have lived my dream and got to meet and know most of the celebrity's in the horror business. Some I can even call friend. But I am saying goodbye to that for now as well.
    Most of all I want to thank Madison and the children for loving me and supporting me and my decisions. Without her, I would truly be lost.
   I really don't know what to expect with the new works I will be doing or what direction they will be heading. That will take time. Out the saying goes, "Out with old" first, and then "In with the new."
   I will be leaving this blog up as an archive of my career as Nick Rose and I do not know if I will be have a new blog down the road. At this point, I doubt it. So quite probably, this is the last most of you will hear from me. If I leave you with nothing else, let me leave you with this.... "The only limits you have are the ones that you make for yourself.  Believe in yourself and your dreams. Don't let the "Naysayers' wear you down, because they will try. You and only you are the Master of your path. Stay True."
Love and Hugs always.
Nick Rose
Nov. 17, 2011

No comments: