Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Day!


Hello again. It has been a while since I last blogged and I apologize for that. But I finally decided to keep this blog and link it to the website once I make it public. So, in other words, "Welcome to the official blog site of Nick Rose"
More on that in a minute, but first the new painting above. The model for this piece is none other than my friend and Scream Queen Suzi Lorraine. This is the first piece of 4 that I am going to do of her each year to sell in a portfolio pack, and after 3 years we will be featuring a Suzi/Nick calender as well. Once they are available you will be able to purchase them from her or me from our websites or our group of vendors that will be traveling the country. Over the next 2 years we will be making available a huge amount of merchandise to offer to our friends and fans.
I recently saw her movie "Torment" and I have to tell you it really showcased Suzi's talent. She is a wonderful actress and if your into creepy horror, "Torment" is one movie you will not want to miss.
On a personal note, I am really proud of myself. My health has improved in leaps and bounds. The doc was amazed at how well I have managed to get my cholesterol down, and every thing else. I have finally learned how to take care of myself. About time after 51 years. I've also learned how to keep kidney stones out of my body. That was as simple as just adding lemon juice to the water i drink everyday.
So today, on Thanksgiving, I have much to be thankful for. I will always be thankful to Daniel for helping me be a much better artist. This past year I have seen my work come to the point to where I can paint it the way I see it in my mind. For so many many years that was just impossible for me to do. Mostly because of my lack of training, but now I am so excited about the paintings yet to come and some old ideals I always felt I could have done so much better.
If your an artist reading this, then you will understand what I mean when I say, being born an artist sometimes is a curse and sometimes a true blessing. But when you see one of your creations breathe life, there is no other greater satisfaction you can feel. You feel that all the years and years of struggling and frustration has finally paid off.
I don't know about you but I am thrilled that Obama won the election. I really feel that this man is going to turn our economy around. I was very impressed to see him get straight to work. Most of us have struggled these last several years but I feel very positive about the coming years.
Now back to this being my official blog. I hope you will check by from time to time to see new works, works in progress, and news about what's going on in "Nick Rose Enterprises" For my fellow artist I will be sharing tips on things I have learned and things yet to be learned.
So Happy Holidays all!

No comments: