Monday, December 15, 2008

Something old revisited.




I hope everyone is having a wonderful holidays. Above is a oil painting I did a couple of years ago for the "Origins" Expo. They used it in their program book, and had posters of it hanging all around the event. Pretty cool.

But this is one of those paintings that I just was never happy with, so i spent a couple of weeks repainting it, and I still am not happy with it. Ho Hum. I think it is better than it was, but I still feel like something is just off. But for now I am ready to move on to something new. In the next blog I will be posting some sketches of the new one. It is for my portfolio and it is my version of a Conan painting.

I will also be doing some "fine" fantasy art in the coming year. I have a market for that now along with doing portraits, and that should end my days of carpet laying. Thank God. I'm getting to old for that mess. This coming year should be very interesting.

As always, I would love to hear from you. "May the Darkness comfort you"

No comments: