Sunday, October 4, 2009

"And the Show must go on!"

Hello my friends! I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend like Cheryl and I have. We worked all weekend but when you love what you do, It sure doesn't seem like work, and now I only have 3 more Illustrations left and "Darc Karnivale" will be done. Now that is bumming me out. I am going to start on another one tomorrow and after that I am doing the first cover for Mine and Dave Byron's first cover together as Wicked Kitty Productions. The book is called "The Hot and Horrifying" and yes it is about Scream Queens. In other words, i get to paint twenty something of the most beautiful women in the horror industry. So, you will get to see a ton of awesome art by me.
You know, at first I thought me and Dave teaming up on some projects was a great idea. I kind of saw it as a really different outlet for me to do some different things that I had always wanted to do, but man i had no clue to as all the wonderful things that are coming our way because of our partnership. Dave and Me "Clicked" from day one and everything we touch together so far has turned to gold for us. I'm not bragging my friends, it's just that I am as amazed by all the things that happen and keep happening for us. Even before Dave and I formed WKP's so many things where happening in my art career, it was mind bogging and it still is. But actually goes back to before that even. Moving to Michigan seems to have been the catalyst that started the things in motion and changed destiny for me. I can't believe all that has happen.
Today, we found out we are moving next month into a much bigger home and I have a "Dungeon" to turn into my studio! I am so excited. Finally I can get all my art stuff unpacked! People, I am loving life, and yes I feel like a very rich man. I have Cheryl and the kids, and I love them with all my heart. My health is improving, slowly but surely! I am offered more and more work each day, and its ALL COOL work that I love to draw and paint! It just doesn't get any better than this, I swear! lol A lot of you fellows are tripping because our (Mine and Dave) production company is working with every scream queen in the business, and I get to draw and talk to all of them. What I love about this is that 3 years ago I couldn't hire a model if my life depended on it, and now i get letters almost every day from top models, female and male asking me to consider painting them into one of my paintings.
I'm sorry if I seem to be rambling, but I am hyper and happy as heck right now. I am getting me a studio again, and you have no idea of how much that means to me. Okay, I'm switching gears on you. Starting this Thursday i am going to start having guest bloggers. Sometimes it will be every week, and other times every other week. And these guest will be the people that I am working with on art projects or people (Like Scream Queens) who I am working with for the production company. One of the main reasons for this is that I know I probably don't say all of the things I need to tell you, and in my mind this would be a great way for you to get a better insight on the wonderful things we have going on. Plus you get hear from some pretty serious players. Coming up this Thursday night will be Mr. Dave Byron, co-founder of Wicked Kitty Production, a top of the line editor and a heck of a writer.
I will be doing my blogs on Monday nights and some Thursday nights. This is another thing, I am trying to post on regular nights, and we will be having pod-cast coming up in the very near future. Well, got to run. Love you all and see you soon!

3 comments:

Geo said...

congrats nick on the move ! things are definetly looking up for you. im very happy that you are happy.

the drawing looks killer here. i love zombies.

Nick Rose said...

Thank you buddy! People should check out that new zombie piece you just did. It is awesome too!

Geo said...

thanks nick.