Monday, November 22, 2010

I am so wired.

      Hello my friends, until after Christmas I am not going to be detailed lessons, but once I have the video camera I will be much easier for me to do them and I believe you will be able to understand what I am trying to teach you better as well.  So until then, I will just keep you up to date on things and show you step by step of the paintings I am doing.  I have decided to start showing you my sketchbook work that I do that precedes a painting.
Next is drawing out the whole ideal and mounting it to Masonite....
and then the start of the underpainting. I am doing something different in this one, I am underpainting it in oils.
      This painting is called "Dragon Mystress" and it features one of the most famous models in the world, Tilly Rivers.  Tilly and I will be doing a lot of work together.  She has also agreed to be my agent, which we are very excited about on so many levels.  Unless you know who Tilly is, you don't have a clue to how major this is going to be.
     I also bought a huge printer to make prints at home. It prints up to 13 x 19 which is a huge improvement over the 11 x 14 ones I have made in the past.  We are so working on having much larger artistic prints made of the new oil paintings as well.
    My scanner bite the dust, and I have a newer and much better one on the way, so you will be able to see much better versions of the work I am doing now.  One of the things I am very excited about is that all the work I did during my training days is now owned by private collectors, including sketches. An I am being commissioned to do new pieces for them. At this rate, I will not have to be on disability much longer.
    I've got to run for now, but I will see you next week with the progressing of the painting in progress.  Much Love everyone.  "May the Darkness Comfort You"

No comments: