Saturday, May 28, 2011

Back to working and back to living.

     Hello my friends and welcome. As you can see I finally got finished with something new. This is a cover for a book called "Zombie Summit"  I will release all the info you need to order a copy once it is available.  This was done with Corel painter 9.  Since my health had been so up and down since January, I decided that I would be better off to do it digitally so the paint wouldn't keep drying on my pallet considering how long it took me to get this done.  I am very thankful that the publisher was very kind and patient knowing the condition I was in.
     I hope that you can see that there is a difference between my oil paintings and digital work. I am hoping for each medium I work in that it has it's own distinctive look. I am hoping the work I am going to be doing on canvas will be unique as well.
     I am starting a new cover today. This one will feature Kane Hodder as the model for Madison's character "Bonesaw"  I am very excited to be doing a cover for my Honey's first book. I am going to draw it out digitally, but then I am going to print it out and paint it in oils. I am hoping this will be a faster way to get cover work done. On my own personal projects I will continue to hand draw each piece.
     On a personal level I have made a lot of changes in my life this last month, including by to who I am as a person. The truth is, I have always kept to myself and let very few people into my life. I am not a "social" person and these last couple of years have tried to be because I thought it was what was expected of me. There are some people that feel that way, but I don't. By doing that I've had to be someone I am not and I simply will not do that anymore. From now on Social networks are simply a tool for me to show people my work that want to see it and to promote the things I do. I do not and can talk to everyone on there. I have tried that and guess what? I didn't get any work done, or always found myself with my back to the wall facing deadlines because people wanted to feel like they where hanging out with me. I've also had to deal with a LOT of wannabes that just keep sucking the life out of me. That all has come to an end.
    Now I do what I do best, be an artist. I understand now why the my famous friends always keep their distance from the fans.  You have to if you want to have a life.  I am sorry if this upsets anyone, but I have to worry about me, my life and getting done what I need to do. I also need "Nick" time as well, and these networks take that from me when I get to close to them.
   I love you all. I really do and I am very thankful for the people that buy, support and follow my work, but it is about my work, isn't it?  It is not me and I want to keep it that way. Love and Hugs. "May the Darkness Comfort You"
    

No comments: