Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Some Big Changes

      Hello everyone. I've got some news and thoughts  to share with you.  Sorry that I have no new art to share, but I'm sure you will understand when I tell you why.  First up, Cheryl brought me a new computer, and not just any computer, but a 20" Imac.  Now I know why when Daniel Horne told me "Once you go Mac, you'll never go back."  It is the most awesome computer ever. You can't even compare it to a PC.  It would be like comparing a skateboard to a Rolls Royce.  But there is a problem, I'm having to learn to use the computer all over again, from scratch. So it is taking time. I haven't even tried to use Corel Painter yet.  It looks like I'm gonna have to watch all the videos on using it. You know how us men are, throw away the directions and dive right in.  Any advice anyone has out there would be appreciated.
      You have no ideal  how much I needed a new computer. If you a long time reader of the blog, you will remember that my hard drive froze in storage when I got to Michigan.  And after we (Scott, Kim, me and their kids) got moved into the house, Kim let me use a hard drive that she had a few years earlier that had caught a bad virus and no one could remove it. But I did, and was able to work on it.  But it had a problem of just shutting down right in the middle of working on something, and I would lose a lot of time.  It wasn't long after that I fell in the middle of the night and knocked my plasma screen off the desk onto the floor.  That was it for that, and about a week later my mouse died.
       So, I was in a state of panic just trying to get my assignments done, but I was getting by.  Then Cheryl and the kids met me at the house when I got off from laying carpet, and told me she had a surprise, and what a surprise it was. I've been like a giddy school kid all week.  The next big thing is that I moved in with Cheryl. We were together all the time anyways, so it just seem like the right thing. With us, it was love at first site.  When we kissed for the first time, well, you know how people say you see fireworks?  With us, it was more like a nuke. We have no doubt that we are going to spend the rest of our life's together, so we started our life together and are already working on our future.
      I saw that I have a lot of readers from Saginaw and the surrounding areas.  Some of you are friends of Cheryl's, and some of you just like the art I do, but welcome to all of you.  I am looking forward to meeting Cheryl's friends and the others I will be doing appearances at comic stores, gallery's and museums later this year in the Tri-city area. I hope to meet you then. If you tell me that you  read the blog, I will give you a signed print of your chose.
     Also to any of my friends and readers, if you have something you want to promote, let me know, and I will let you guest blog or I will promote it for you. Well, it's getting late.  It's time to call it a night. Peace and Blessings all, and I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday.

2 comments:

Geo said...

congrats my friend !

Nick Rose said...

Thank you George. Glad you like the spider too. For some reason that post didn't show up. I will say though that I wasn't really feeling it on that illo. I think the Darc Karnivale really drained me, but I am getting back into form.