Thursday, May 14, 2009

Something Old and Something New...




Hello my friends. I've gotten a little behind on some projects, so I don't have what I wanted to show you today. But by Sunday, I should be caught up again. The Picture at the top is something I did back in '85 while I was painting under the name "Gypsy" It's never been published or used for anything. I would really love to see it in print one day.
The next 3 pieces are rough sketches for my next story in the "Darc Karnivale" series. I wanted to show you how I bring an Illustration together. It always starts with the sketches either on Tracing paper or if I am using painter, then in layers. I have already done that and drew in the background. I am ready to paint now. Next time I will show you more in progress steps. I think you will find it interesting on how I get to the finished illustration.
I don't know if you've noticed or not, but I have been taking steps to promote and network myself and art. Networking is very important. I have a couple of friends that I have been trying to make understand this, but I don't think there getting it. I have some really good ideals and some big plans for the future and networking now will help get those plans off the ground. Once the legal part of my idea's are taking care of, I will share some of the plans with you. Right now I am still excited about doing the Steven King movie poster.
Wow, I just got a letter from Daniel (Master Horne) and he told me that he is proud of me. That sure makes a fellow feel good. Time to get to work. I would love to hear comments or questions, from you. Till next time, Peace and Blessings

3 comments:

Geo said...

i was love watching work come together.

Nick Rose said...

You was, I is... lmao

Geo said...

holy crap dude.im not sure what i was thinking when i typed that.