Saturday, April 24, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Hello my friends, and wish Madison and I a happy anniversary. A year ago today, we had our first date, and we have been together ever since. Without a doubt, this has been the happiest year of my life. Madison and the kids gave me a reason to want to live again, and man i have been coming back strong. I have been working on my health and got rid of all my bad habits, and I mean all of them. Monday i start working out in the VA gym, which cost like a zillion dollars to build and it has everything you could ever want to exercise, to get a steam bath, whirlpool, and I can use it 24/7 for the rest of my life for free. Give me a year, I will look like I did when I was in my 30's, which was very buffed out.
I almost forgot, sorry, the piece above is the 2nd Deadly Dolz painting. There is a story behind it as well. The day I started this, Jane let me and Suzi know about one of her best friends, a Disc jockey in the DC area named Tim Davis was killed in a senseless act of violence by a monster. They caught the killer, but not before he shot Tim in the head with a shotgun, and threw him over a cliff, and there was a young lady with Tim as well that got thrown over the cliff as well. Somehow, she lived, even after a 100 foot drop.
When Jane told me about this, I talked with her, and we decided to make this picture a tribute to Tim. Hopefully prints will be made of it and sold through the radio station to help to pay for the hospital bills and funeral cost as well. And hopefully they can raise enough money to help pay the young girls bills as well. All of our hearts go out to both of their families, and I hope to hell they fry the Monster responsible for this. Janes website addy is to the right if any of you want to contribute or offer your condolences.
So instead of putting the Spooky make-up on Jane, I painted her straight. Next time around she will be in her full blown Spooky makeup and dress. Next up is a painting of a Zombie Cat, and then a picture of a friend of the Deadly Dolz, Roxsy Tyler. She has been a good friend to me and the DD'z and she is hosting her own show now, so I am going to do a painting of her that she can sell it at personal appearances to help pay for her cause. She is real good people.
I don't remember if I told you all or not, but they finally figured out what was causing a lot of my health problems, COPD. For those of you out there that have this know how bad it can be if it is not controlled. It feels like your chest is caving in, and you gasp for air. A lot of times you think you are having a heart attack. In my case, it caused me to have pneumonia twice this year, because they didn't realize where the problem was coming from. I would have spells back when I used to drink where I would cough and pass out, or it would feel like you where having a panic attack. I remember dropping down to my knees so many times because I thought I was going to pass out from it. It mostly came from years of smoking, but other things can add to it, such as stress. But the point is, now that we know what has been causing most of my problems, I can control them better. I will still get sick, but at least now I have a fair chance of fighting it, and that's all I can ask for after all the years of abuse to my body. So, I am feeling much more positive and the doc told me as long as I take care of myself, I could live another 30 years.
Changing the subject, I wish the heck Face Book would get it's act together and quit messing with everything. Just when you think they are done, they come up and do more junk to mess up your profile. It's getting very frustrating to have to keep going in there and change your settings.
An ladies don't forget about the Deadly Dolz contest, you have until the 1st to get me pictures and a resume. May the Darkness comfort you.

No comments: