Sunday, July 11, 2010

Big Annoucment.

        Hello everyone.  This blog is going to be short and sweet. I will have new art for you in the next blog. After a great deal of thought and talking this over with Madison, I have decided that I am retiring from being a cover artist.  Instead I am going to be doing my own projects and start my own company.  The truth is that in most cases I have not been happy illustrating someone else's ideas. There are a few exceptions, but over all I get burnt out and find myself wishing I had time to do the paintings I want to do.  So from here on out I will. You will still see my work on some covers though,  mainly if a publisher buys the rights of a existing piece to use. I have contacted the people involved to let them know before I made this announcement.
     So this means I will be painting a lot more paintings that the horror crowd will like.  We will be offering  prints and other merchandise. Also this will give me the time I need to develop online classes for people if they're interested.
     I have been wanting to make this change for some time now and I have my chance and I am taking it. This will also give me more time to work on my projects with Suzi Lorraine, my "Book of Rose" and 100's of horror paintings that will be done mostly in oils now that I won't have deadlines breathing down my neck.
      So with this announcement, a new chapter in my life begins.  Now I can even get back to my Master's training and really bury myself in the things I love most. Much love to all of you and I hope you are as happy about this as I am.  "May the Darkness Comfort You"

No comments: