Monday, October 18, 2010

Busy as Heck!

      Hello my friends, first things first. I have decided to let some companies put ads on the blog.  The first one has. If you scroll down the right hand side, there is one just under the counter. If you click on it, a penny goes into an account for Wicked Kitty Studios at the end of each year.  This money will go to the Shriner's Hospital for Children, so please get in the habit of clicking on the add every time you come to the blog. It is a wonderful way for us all help out children in need.
      I am going to have to ease up on the lessons till after Halloween. I am swapped with work right now, and short deadlines. I will still try to share tips until I can get back at making the lessons. They generally take me a day to do.
     I have some new works to share with you.  This was a piece I did for performer  Sally Zom Bie.   

and up next is my first oil painting in almost 3 years. The paint is still wet, so a photo of it will have to do for now. I got a huge reaction from my friends on Face Book.  They said that oil is my element. I am starting to think that is true and I am starting a new oil today. In the first blog after Halloween, I will show you the step by step of bringing it to life. I am going to put off the color studies for now, because I am thinking of what Todd taught me about learning values before adding color.  So i am thinking I should do the same for you.
and before I forget, the model is Suzi Lorainne and the two beast are her cats Loki and Monki. The next time I paint Suzi, she will be "Vamprilla"   
     The next 2 paintings I am doing are based on old ideal's that I have tried to do several times through the years but lacked the skills to do it right. I am hoping my skills will be good enough now. The first one I am starting today (and will be used in the next lesson to show you step by step) is called "Hellcrow"  The one after that is based a painting I have done at least 3 times in the past called "Heaven and Hell" and will feature Horror Icon Dia Green, and their is some major news that goes with that, but I will tell you all about it when the time is right.
    My health has been awesome. I have went a whole month without feeling bad. That is a new record for me. The insulin, exersice, and watching my diet is really paying off for me.  I really appreciate all the letters and notes you have sent me praying for me and my health.  That is just so awesome (my new favorite word) of all of you. 
   I'm sorry I don't have much for you this time, but please bare with me, and we'll get back on track after Halloween.  Peace and Blessings. "May the Darkness Comfort you"

2 comments:

Widow_Lady302 said...

Nick I really LOVE your work! I can hardly wait to get your lessons again, but I wont' complain a bit that you are putting them off for the time being. After all, you gots billz to pay LOL. I can see your personal voice in your oils, but like I told you on FB this latest oil has the Caldwell vibe too. He was one of my absolute FAVE artist for a long, long time. I'll be looking forward to seeing your next oil now too! Thank you so much for sharing this with us all. I'm also sooooo stoked you are feeling better, prayers are answered and miracles happen <3 To you and yours!

Nick Rose said...

Thank you so much. You are very kind to me. I am hoping to get back to the normal blog next week. Have a great week Lisa!