Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas!!!!

      Hello my friends and Merry Christmas! Above it the 90% almost done version of "Cerberus". It is a photo and a bad one. I decided not to show it again until I can scan it, so that should be in about 2 weeks. I was hoping "Dragon Mystress" would be dry, but the varnish is still a little tacky to the touch, but I will have it next week for sure.  At the moment I am working on a portrait of the kids for one of Madison's Christmas presents. I am going to make this a annual tradition and make prints to give to their Dad and Grandparents.  I love doing portraits, but I wouldn't want to do them all the time. The really good thing about doing portraits is that it is a good way to measure your skills as an artist and how well trained your eye is. For years I wouldn't do them mainly because I wasn't good enough to get it right.  If you want to know where your drawing skills are, do a portrait.
     Christmas is finally only two days away, and I have to tell you, I am glad. No, I am not the Grinch or anything of the sort. What it is, at least in my case, is that I get all worked up the weeks before. This year has been very good to me financially and It is going to be the best Christmas since Clinton's last year as President. I don't remember if I told you in the last blog or not, but I am not having to depend on Disability anymore and can now give back instead of being a statistic.  It is good to know that I can get help if I need it, but now I can work at home and make a good living. With a top notch agent to represent me now, I am guessing the income is going to get better and better. I guess as far as Christmas goes, I'll just be glad to get back to the normal grind.
    I know this, the kids are going to have a heck of a lot better Christmas than last year. We got them everything on their "wishlist"  Mostly because last year, money was a lot tighter and the only income at the time was what Madison made. I am so glad that I am able to carry my share now  and much more now. Knowing that my art is making this possible is one of the best feelings I have ever had in my life. Madison is also having a great Christmas too. We are officially engaged now and plan to wed next December. So she got a very nice shiny rock. That thing is huge and cost a bundle, but honestly, nothing is to good for my girl. She took a lot of burden to bear to get me to the point I am at now. My next goal is that she can be a full time writer. She got a ton of other cool stuff too, but I can't say just yet, because she don't know about them. lol
    Although I'll be glad to get past it, this has been the coolest Christmas ever. I get some of the bizarre Christmas cards you have ever seen. lol Think about who my friends are. Most of my artist friends make their own cards, and I love them. I am going to start doing that next year, but this end of the year I have been busting my fanny on getting ready for Confusion.
    But the main reason I am doing this blog tonight is that I wanted to tell you all that I appreciate you all, and I hope that each of you have the most wonderful Christmas you have ever had. May it be filled with Love, Joy, and may you get at least one present that your heart desires. I pray that you all will all be safe during your travels for the Holiday as well.
   Next week, I will have new art,  hopefully some more tips for you and we'll recap this year. Much love and Hugs everyone.  "May the Darkness Comfort You."

No comments: