Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The fire is starting.

       There is a song by an old Metal band called Metal Church "Start the Fire" which is really states the frame of mind I am in right now. Hello my friends, I hope and pray that you are all well. I am doing fine and my health is really improving day by day. This time last year I was in the hospital with pneumonia for the 4th time in that year. This year, I have only had to deal with a chest infection 3 times, and we nipped it in the bud as the saying goes. Now that we have a treadmill at home, that is really helping to. This last 2 years has truly been a miracle for me. I guess that the powers that be want me around for a while longer. Personally I am hoping for about 30 more years. That should give me the time I need to conquer the world, as the saying goes. lol
      I am probably making a huge mistake, but I have finally figured out what it is I want to do with my work and how I want to move forward. I bought a second easel this week and on it i am going to do nothing but canvas paintings. I want to be something more than an Illustrator, I want to be an artist. I know it is in me, and I know now that is what I have been longing to do. So I am going to be trying all kinds of new types of paintings. Things you've never seen from me. It will still mostly be dark, but different. I am going to start searching for a gallery soon either local or in Detroit that will show and sell my paintings.
    20 years ago I don't think that would have been an option, but now I see my type of work in more and more places. I want to build a group of patrons that collect my originals. I want to keep a few and give some to my friends, but overall I want people who like or love my work to own an original or 20.
    The last several months I have been feeling burnt out and knew that I needed a change, but I just wasn't sure what the change would be. Then in the middle of the night I had a dream about the future, maybe, and was seeing all these paintings from me yet to come and it was very exciting. I could see that my style had really evolved and my work had become very unique and different that anyone Else's.  So thinking about that I started coming out of the depression I had been in for so long and now the flame is burning inside of me again. The "Eye of the Tiger" is coming back and it's  about damn time. I should be done with the "Dark Fairy" painting by the weekend, and then I will show you that and the changes I made to the studio. 
     Switching gears I think that for one thing last year I wasn't very confident that I would live much longer, but now I feel like as long as I don't do stupid things I can be around for many years to come now, and that is another thing that is really motivating me. Another thing that really has me pumped is my studio and just all the cool things I have now that I never had before. I know a lot of you folks have a much nicer studio and stuff, but to me what I have now is beyond anything I ever hoped for. It was just 3 years ago that I could only buy 1 tube a paint a month, now I order 20 tubes at a time, whenever I want. So thats huge for me. So all these things combined has had a very positive effect on me and I feel like I can emerge myself in painting and learning now.
    Like I said in the last blog, I am not going to make any promises to do anything anymore. I will just do what I can when I have time. If I want to paint, I don't want to have to stop to do something I really don't want to. That totally takes you out of the creative mood.
    Another thing that I am excited about is that Madison bought a HUGE LCD tv, and now when I watch something on TV it's like being at the movies. I was watching an original episode of Jonny Quest last night, and I haven't seen it or any of them since I was a child. It was really exciting and emotional for me. I recently got all the original Astro Boy cartoons from 1963 and I hadn't seen them since I was 6 years old.  Just awesome.  To me, these are the things that make me feel rich and I don't know how I could be happier?
    I have love now, the first time in a very long time. I have a family that loves me and I get to do what I love everyday. I am blessed, very blessed. Well my friends, it's family time. Much love and hugs. "May the Darkness Comfort you"
    

No comments: