Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Working hard, Exhausted, but never quitting.

 Hello friends.
           I am working on a new illustration for "Darc Karnivale" and its gonna be a good one. George, you'll love it.  I'll tell you more about it when I post the roughs in a few days, but once again I am using my friend, model and movie star Suzi Lorraine as the model.  Well, it started as her. lmao.
           I have been working my bu@@ off laying carpet so I can get a house for me and Cheryl.  We're staying in an apartment for now, but we don't have the room for me to set up a studio that I can paint with oils in.  But soon, very very soon. Plus, I am going to buy a new car. Probably a SUV for traveling to art shows and cons in.  But all of this is to set me up as a full time artist.  More on that later as well.
          Today is my dear friend Daniel Horne's birthday.  For those of you that are on facebook, please wish this man a happy birthday.  He is one of the best people I've ever known, and because of him, I am here now.  Check out his photobucket account, the link is to the right.  The man is so wonderful and talented, it will just blow your mind.  Him and his family took me in when I started training me.  I think of them all as  family.
          I am thrilled that so many of you are reading my blog and I would love to hear from all of you.  If there is something you want me to talk about, just let me know.  One of the things I plan on talking about very soon is how new artist can break into the field.  I spent 2  years being an Art Director for 3 small press magazines and a book company, and the advice I am going to put out there will start your career if your new to this, and if you have been around for a while, it will help you move up the ladder.
         I am going to be building a website soon as well.  Give me a month, and it will be up.  It will feature art for sale, merchandise for sale, and a huge collection of art that most of you have never seen, plus a few surprises.  
         But for now, time is short, and I have to get to painting. Bless you all and may your dreams come true!
        
         
  

2 comments:

Geo said...

i look forward to the illo dude.

to all of you that read nicks blog,pay attention to what he says about the business.i worked as one of the artists under nick in most of those magazines he was an art director for and thats where i learned alot.

you can never change an artist BUT you can help/teach them to do what they do better and nick is great at that.

listen to him,he has alot of knowledge inside his head and BRAINS !!!!! ;)

Nick Rose said...

lol, Thank you George. Things like this make me feel that all the time I spent doing the AD thing was well worth while.