Sunday, October 18, 2009

Getting back in the groove!


Hello my friends. I am finally starting to feel like myself again. Since the infection in my lungs has cleared up, I feel better than I have felt in a very long time, and my mind set is much more positive. Now, I just need to get strong again. The move is coming up within the next month, and I don't know hardly anyone in Saginaw to ask to help. So, It's probably gonna whine up being me and Cheryl moving everything, and I think we only have a day to day to do it in.
Above is the 14th interior illustration for "Darc Karnivale" It is for a story called "Bloodlines" written by Travis James. Counting the cover, that is a total of 15 paintings so far, with 2 more to go. But I have to take a break from this and do a cover for a book that Wicked Kitty Productions is publishing called "Hot and Horrifying" . It's going to be a wrap around Cover and feature most of the "Scream Queens" in the business, so this one is going to be a big job! I am thinking it will take about 2 weeks to complete, and then it will be time to finish the last 2 illustrations for "Darc Karnivale" I also have a movie poster coming up pretty soon and a DVD cover as well as a few other surprises before Christmas. My day as a pro has arrived. I am making good money, not getting rich, but able to pay some of the bills. We still have to be a 2 income family for now, but give me 2 more years and Cheryl will be a full time writer. Somebody write that in stone for me! lol
I am really looking forward to working with all the "Scream Queens", and this looks likes its going to be a regular gig for me as well. Since I own half of Wicked Kitty Productions, and WKP produces Scream Queen Documentaries and books (As well as many other types of things), I will be doing all the artwork, unless I have to "farm" some of
it because I get to busy. I am thinking at some point I will have to hire or sub out some work down the road, depending on the project. But it seems like now that everyone who comes to me wants me to do their work and no one else. But I do have some projects down the road where I may hire other artist to help me out, but right now, all of that is VERY TOP SECRET!
If you haven't noticed, look to the right, and you will see a new listing at the very top titled "Links to help Artist" You will find listings of places to find work to the prices you should be getting paid if your a professional. It also provides Artist Contracts for most any use and a listing of Copyright Laws that most folks don't have a clue about. If you have a good link to something useful, then please send it to me, and I will add it.
Well, I'm gonna be spending the rest of the day working on the website, and tomorrow start on the painting for "Hot and Horrifying" Peace and Blessings all!

2 comments:

Geo said...

those links are nice addition nick. i think i undersold myself :( lol

Nick Rose said...

There just a guideline to use. Some artist charge less, some more. A lot of it depends on your "Name" draw. These days, most artist are charging less just to get work.