Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fighting battles and winning the war.


Hello my friends, how have you been? I have been improving health wise everyday. I should be back to 100% soon, and I haven't been 100% in 7 years. Well, I don't know if it will be 100%, but it sure will feel like it compared to what I have been dealing with. Right now I am just trying to get back into my daily groove I had going on up until the beginning of this year. Once I am to that point and get back to date on the work I put on hold, it will be full speed ahead. I have been working on a book cover here and there during all of this. I will show you a so far next. It is for a book called "Zombie Summit". The publisher and writer are both very happy with it to this point. I still have some work to do to the background, and then I will paint in the Zombies. I am hoping if my health holds up to have this one done by the end of the week.
This one is being done in Painter 9. It's been several months since I have done a digital piece, and its a nice change of pace, but I am ready to get back to the oils soon as well. It is so much easier to do covers digital so you can make the changes you need easily. That is why I stress to all artist out there, learn to work traditionally and digitally. It works to YOUR advantage.
Since I posted the last blog, I have put myself into the hermit mode I told you about. It doesn't shut people out on a art basis, but it allows me time to think and get my head straighten back out. Going through all the constant battles with my health has really got my "regular" life all out of whack. What is important to me right now is getting my head back in the right place, setting new goals and start being productive once again. Once I do that I promise you that I will start kicking some serious arshe again on a level higher than the past.
I know a good many of you are on the Facebook Group Nick Rose, and now that I understand how the bloody thing works, I have started breathing life into it and getting people talking and chatting. I hope you will join us there. Here is the link. This may be the best way for us all to learn from each other as well as chatting with the people who love my type of work as well. All are welcome as long as you respect the other members. There are over 4000 and I am going to work on getting it even larger.
One of the big things that has happened during this "Down" time for me is that my eyes have opened to what is most important to me. Sometimes we need to get slapped down to step back and see things with fresh eyes. I feel for the most part I have been on the right path, but there are a couple of things I want to do different in my life from here on out. But those things are personal for now. Maybe I will talk to you about them latter on, or perhaps you will notice a change in me. Time will tell.
Well, I have to get for now, I have to spend some time with the kids and get them fed and homework done while Madison gets ready to work. Love and Hugs "May the Darkness Comfort You"

No comments: