Monday, May 9, 2011

Lots and lots of changes coming.

        Hello my friends and Happy Mothers Day.  I pray that each of you had a mother that was loving and nurturing to you.  Mothers mean more to us when we are children than anything else.  As Brandon Lee said in the movie "The Crow" " Mother is the name of God on the lips of small children" and that it is. But it in some cases it could be "Satan".  I pray that you are not one of those children.
       I have a lot to talk about today. Many major changes are on the way, as a matter of fact, I'm completely revamping the way I do business, and my appearance online. I'm in the process of "Cleaning out my Closet."  That's a private term, but Madison and Tilly know what I mean. It is time for a lot of growth and to take some big steps forward.  For this to happen, some eggs are going to get broken and I have to leave "Junk" in the past where it belongs.
       The first thing that you will notice is that I am getting rid of the Wicked Kitty Website. I have decided to only use the Nick Rose Name as far as the public is concerned. I still own the Wicked Kitty name and we will be using it for some business ventures, but overall "Nick Rose" is what we will be branding. Also, times have changed. Personally I don't see any reason for keeping up a website. If I want to show samples, I'll simply send clients to a private link that just features my work, nothing else. After all, publishers and movie producers don't care about anything other than my work.  Websites are for fans, and honestly I have 100 times the fans going to my blog or social networks to see my work. So a website is a waste of money and time. If you are going to stay competitive in this business, you have to think outside of the box and grow with all the changes going on with the Internet. It seems almost everyday there is something new coming out that you can use as a promotional tool.
      We are also going for new ways to bring in income from my art. I'm not going to disclose what my plans are,  but I will say, I have been thinking about this for a very long time. I've been studying the market and how other people have been making "large" livings doing what I am going to do. Give me a year and you will see. The hardest part of this is has been trying to figure out where the capital will come from. Problem solved.
     A couple of things that have been bothering me these last several months is that I want to be able to film videos of my working both traditionally and digitally. I was going to get a good camera at Christmas to help me do this, but it turns out the more I worked toward this, the more I realized how expensive it was going to be to buy the equipment to do this properly. I am talking about making top of the line videos and to do that I need to invest around 50 grand for the equipment to just get me started.
     The same problem is present with doing books. The writing part isn't nearly as bad as the quality of photo's I would need to take of "In progress" photo's to make the book desirable. This is going to take a very nice camera and some really good equipment, so it looks like that is going to have to wait for a while now. Sorry, but I'm not going to do anything half-as*ed.  I want fans and buyers to know that anything that goes with the Nick Rose name is quality. 
     As most of you know I have been working my arshe off getting my health back, and I am doing it so I can have a long career and make a lot of money to take care of the people I love most in this world.  Basically I am going into a "Hermit" mode. I will still be here and do things to promote my work and projects, but I am going to become scarce. Basically if you want to contact me, send me an e-mail, because unless it is business you will not be able to get me on the phone anymore. Sorry, but I have to really focus on the goals I have set for myself and that means I have to focus on my life and decisions. It 's time I discover who I am as a person, an artist, and a man, and I don't want anyone outside of the people I hold closest to my heart to be involved in that. 
    SO, please respect that. Emails work just as well. I am sorry for sounding so "tight" but this has been coming for a while now, but I wanted to think about it for a long time to make sure it was the right choice for me. 
    I want to make this very plain, I am not referring to all of you that are here because you like my art and are keeping up with my career.  This has nothing to do with anyone I deal with on a business level. This is about me making more time for what I do best, and keeping myself focused on my goals. Before Madison came into my life, I lived 8 years with no one in my life mostly so I could focus on learning the lessons of the Masters and keeping my mind clear of all the clutter that life has a tendency to  throw at you.
    I know this may sound a little off to some of you, but it 's what works for me. Blame my parents. I had to live in my own little world to survive growing up, and as an adult, I do the same thing when I am very serious about pursuing something.  I know you all will be glad I did, after all, you may like me, but you are here mostly because of the art, and I intend to get real serious about that and keep practicing all the "secrets" I was taught. It 's not everyday that we are given second chances at life and in my case I am going to give it all I have. 
    This is just the start, and with each blog I will go over more and more the things I will be doing and changing.  I want you all to know that I do love you, and your support has and always meant the world to me.  Without you, I would be nothing. I also have a new fan club if your interested in joining. Here is the link.  I started this one because our FB group, 4200 strong is being archived, whatever that means.  This one is a "Like" Club and I am hoping to do more on there without sending a bunch of letters to your mailboxes. You can't do that with the group. If I send out a message from there it goes to every one's mail, and we don't want that unless it is REALLY important.
     Love and Hugs.  "May the Darkness Comfort You"


      
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: