Saturday, July 11, 2009

Feeling better and moving forward.

Hello my friends. It just doesn't pay to get sick. I've got so much work to be doing, and I just can't be down for a few days, but I am doing much better. I made some really good progress on "Mental Scars" today, and expect to just really burn it up here the next few weeks, or years. lol I'll be showing you cutaways of the art soon. Probably tomorrow night I'll give you a sneak look. I also have to get back to finishing up the "Darc Karnivale" project soon as well. I showed the sketches for the next illo last week, and I will try to get that one done within the next few days as well. So bare with me. I am way ahead of schedule on that project, so all is good. But I still have to get a logo done for my friend "Iron Dave" pretty soon as well.
Logos are something I really enjoy doing these days. With all the new programs out, it just makes a pleasure to do them instead of the major pain in the kester that it used to be in the old days. I've also been getting a lot of Video Imaging software lately to, to help with my movie work. With the programs I have now, I can make my own movies, make the music, edit it, add credits, you name it, I can do it. The Imac just rules.
But my new friend Adam told me he has a "Work Station" which must be the bomb of bombs. He said the hard drive cost 20,000 bucks, the monitor, a 32 inch one, cost 15,000 and on and on. But he works for major film companies so I guess you can afford that when you do that kind of work. I would love to see Adam's setup, but he lives way out there in California. Maybe one day.
We're really excited about having Karyn doing the filming of our part of the upcoming documentary. You can see some of her work here
http://www.myspace.com/voodoochildren Look for Tension head. That is a documentary she did that won some awards. Cheryl and me think she will make me look pretty good, and that won't be easy. lol But she is very talented. I've already been putting in "The Word" for her with the people I work with.
I really appreciate all the well wishes from my friends, and even people I really don't know from facebook, but it's like having a second family. On facebook this blog gets a get many responses. I think when people read the blog on Blogger, they really don't feel like they know me, but on facebook, I interact with everyone, so I guess people are more at ease. I want to thank you all for the recommendation new blog sources for me, and I am looking into it.
Well, it's getting late, and I have to go through about 100,000 stills to find just the right ones for the graphic novel. Good night all and I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend. Peace and Blessings.

3 comments:

Geo said...

sounds like you are one busy person.are you still doing the stephen king painting ?

Nick Rose said...

Hey George. Yes things are very busy. I haven't heard from the Steven King guy in a while, so who knows, but I haven't heard any different.

Geo said...

cool ? i look forward to more of your work.