Monday, July 27, 2009

"Let there be light" of the dark kind of course!

Hello my friends. Above is the underpainting of a new painting for Darc Karnivale called "A New False Hope" I'll show you the finished version in the next blog. After that i will be starting the cover for the "Mental Scars" Graphic Novel. I don't know why, but ever since I was named a "King Of Scream" I have really been tearing it up and letting more and more of the darkness out. I finally feel like that I can cut loose now without people think I belong in a straight jacket. lmao. But the bottom line is that for the first time i can really paint and draw the images I've always wanted too.
In several of the last blogs I have talked about letting old anger go, and I have. I feel much better now, and my perspective on things have changed with it. By putting the "Bad " things behind me, it is helping me grow and see things with different eyes now. I'm not going to mention any names or even hint at who I am talking about, but recently when everything started going so well for us and we knew it was time for me to move forward with my career, someone that I loved very much didn't handle it well. They even called me an cussed me because of it, and they did a lot of other bad things to me as well. Bt through it all I did my best to hang on to our friendship and forgive them for the horrible things they did to me. But for some reason there anger got worse, and they kept trying to hurt me. So, I had to let them go. I really hate that, but no, I don't hate them, nor am I angry with them, but seeing how they reacted to all of this, I also realize that this person is not someone I want around me or my new family. I do wish the very best for them and their loved ones. But the point is, the old me would have "Went after them". So I am very glad I grew up and learned to forgive.
If you haven't checked out the website lately, I have added a lot. I now have prints up for sale (On it's first day up, we sold 7 prints) and I have a new section called Media, where you can read interviews with me, see a TV commercial and just a lot of Media coverage of Nick Rose. I also have the Viper Production page up, complete with the Movie Trailer and some of the art I am doing for them. This is the most complete site I have ever had, and I built it all. Now you can buy art, prints, see my artwork, read about me and whatever else you want. If by chance you look it over and there is something you don't see that you would like to, please drop me a line and tell me about it.
My buddy George has a new site up too, and it's really nice and hopefully you will check it out here. I just love George's work and you will too if you like horror. It want be long before he is considered a "King of Scream"
Well, time to get back to work folks. Peace and Blessings to you all.

No comments: