Thursday, August 20, 2009

Finally getting healthy again.

Hello my friends. As most of you know, I have been in the hospital, and that has been coming for some time now. I've just been so busy, I kept putting off doing what I needed to do to get healthy.
Before I go any future I want to thank each and everyone of you for all the e-mails, and the letters and comments that you sent me on face book. I had no idea that so many people really cared about my well being. It touched me and Cheryl deeply. Thank you all so very much. Now, as I promised, what happened to me put me in the hospital.
I got Ulcertive Colitis when I was in the Army, 33 years ago, and it is something that I have had to learn to live with. Most of the time I can keep in under control, but when I moved up to Michigan, I was put in a very bad situation and put under a great deal of stress, which is not how it was supposed to be. My nerves got bad, and the colitis flared up. I started going to the VA here, and of course they gave me the medicines I needed. (If you don't know what colitis is, It is basically bleeding open wounds in your colon) One of the main treatments for it is predizone, which is basically a steroid and can be bad for you if taken over a long period of time. Because of having to take it on and off through the years, it has given me diabetes, high blood pleasure and a few other surprises.
After I moved in with Cheryl, my nerves finally started calming down, and it started to clear up. But, the doc pulled me off the predizone to early and the flair up came back. So this went on for a few months back and forth. I even got a bad flu because my body had gotten so weak.
So as a result of all of this, my body dehydrated really bad, my kidneys where shutting down, my colon swole to about twice its size or at least it felt like it, but the icing on the cake was to find out that my blood pressure had dropped very low. Like 80 over 50, and I couldn't keep my balance or anything.
Off to the hospital I go. And one of the first things I find out when I get there is that I also now have a Hernia. Another souvenir of laying carpet for so many years. I was in intense pain to say the least. Once my body started hydrating again, I started passing stones, and the pain in my colon was unbearable. So, they where shooting me up with some pretty serious drugs. I was taking trips and never left the hospital. lol But after 4 days I started showing signs of life, and feel better now than I have in a very long time.
Now I have a ton to catch up on. I hope to be back on track by the next blog and get back down to sharing things with you all. But here is something you may enjoy. It's my 7 minute part in the documentary "The Kings of Scream"

No comments: