Saturday, August 1, 2009

Something serious.

Hello my friends and thank you for stopping by. Some great news is that in under 10 days, we have over 3000 fans on face book. This is a new face book record and Cheryl and I are just thrilled. A lot of this is due to the hard work of our PR man, Utiqano Bloods. Utiqano, we thank you so very much. Still to think that so many people would take my art in like this just bring tears to our eyes and a joy to our heart.
But there is a downside. I have always said that I never wanted to get to a point that I couldn't take the time to say thank you for being a fan or just saying hi. But, it has gotten to the point that when I pop up on Face book to see how my friends and family are doing, that I am bombarded with IM's from people I do not know, In languages I don't understand, and a lot of times cussing me because I didn't respond to them quick enough or understand what they are trying to say to me.
I use to wonder why a lot of the big time guys never responded to fans outside of conventions, but I am getting a first hand look at the reasons for this, and I am starting to feel like for my safety and the safety of the people I love I am going to have to be the same way. If you think it's an over reacting, ask John Lennon how he feels about it.
So, if you want to talk to me, send me an e-mail. My e-mail addy is posted everywhere, but I will no longer respond to any IM's unless it is from a close personal friend or business partner. I spent several hours trying to find out how to appear invisible on Face book and hopefully my settings will appear like that to fans now.
It really hurts to be like this, but I am a very busy man, and I do not just have time to respond to jerks who have nothing better to do than harass a hard working person who is just trying to make a living. An when some people cross the line and threaten the people I love and call them names, it makes me want to just get my hands on them and show them that I was a carpet layer for 40 years of my life and I could break their sorry butts in half if I wanted to. But as we have been talking about in the last blogs, I am trying to be less angry and be at peace with myself. But when people go after the people I love, the kid gloves come off.
On normal news, I am almost done with the Mental Scars cover and should finish it very easy in the morning, and then I am doing the cover for Jonathan's comic I have been talking about. I'm really gonna help him get this out there because this man is starting something big with a lot going on. An for some reason, here lately, I have been lucky enough to meet up with the right people at the right time and all of it has turned into big business for Wicked Kitty Studio. We are very blessed right now and we feel so lucky to have the accounts we do, and all the work on the horizon is just awesome as well. Cheryl and I are both very thankful for this.
So, thank you all so much for everything you have done to help support us, and I hope to see you around for many years to come. If you want to ask me something, please do, but as a comment or e-mail. I will do my best to get back to you as soon as I can. Peace and Blessings everyone.

No comments: