Thursday, August 15, 2013

A rose you'll never forget to remember

Hello my friends,

Say hello to my new logo!  Indeed, this is me and when you see this new design you'll know it's Nick Rose.  I'm thrilled to be able to share it with you, and let you know my daughters helped me decide on this for my new legal logo for my studio.  I'm thrilled about it, and think this is the best logo I've ever had.

In the next couple weeks I'll be working on and unveiling a new place for people to buy prints of my art.  It's high quality and a couple of my artist friends are using it to get their work out there.  I've asked around and they are impressed with how the art is made and what all is available.  Details to follow when I get things set up.

Speaking of my art...The above picture is the finished drawing, of "Spooner" with an "umber" glazing.  I'm trying it out as something new in my style.  Glazing can be done over the top of a finished painting to change the chroma/hue/tone of a section or entire painting to give it a certain feel.  Doing it under the painting changes depth and texture (some what)  because it changes the hue slightly of the more transparent pigments over it, giving the over all painting it's own feel.  I'm letting this get nice and dry, but will update you on it when I get started in earnest.  The color I used here has a strong impact on middle tones and dark tones, so I'm excited about how it will add to the creepy feel.


Well, that's all for now my friends.  My body is still healing but I am in good shape.  I'm pulling up my Dr. Creep boxers and getting a lot of work done. Until next time...

May the darkness comfort you,

Nick

No comments: